12. Allaah made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We raised among them twelve chieftains. And Allaah said: Lo! I am with you. If ye establish worship and pay the poor-due, and believe in My messengers and support them, and lend unto Allaah a kindly loan, surely I shall remit your sins, and surely I shall bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow. Then whoso among you disbelieveth after this will go astray from a right way.
13. And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. And thou will not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them, but pardon them and bear with them. Lo! Allaah loveh the kindly.
12. Wa laqad ‘akha-zAllaahu Miisaaqa Baniii- ‘Israaa-‘iil. Wa ba-‘asNaa min-humus-nay- ‘ashara Naqiibaa. Wa qaa-lAllaahu ‘iNNii ma-‘akum. La-‘in ‘aqamtumus-Salaata wa ‘aatay-tumuz-Zakaata wa ‘aamantum- bi-rusulii wa-‘az-zar-tumuuhum wa ‘aqraz-tumUllaaha Qar-zan Hasanal- la-‘ukaffiranNa ‘ankum sayyi-‘aatikum wa la-‘udkhi-lannakum Jannaatin- tajrii min- tahtihal- ‘anhaar. Faman- kafara ba’-da zaalika minkum faqad zalla sawaaa-‘assabiil.
13. Fabimaa naqzihim-Miisaa-qahum la-‘anNaahum wa ja-‘alNaa quluubahum qaasi-yah. Yuharri-fuunal-kalima ‘am-mawaazi-‘ihii wa nasuu hazzam-mimmaa zukkiruu bih. Wa laa tazaalu tattali-‘u ‘alaa khaaa-‘ina-tim-minhum ‘illaa qaliilam-min-hum fa’-fu ‘anhum wasfah. ‘InnAllaaha yuhibbul-Muhsiniin.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Breaking of Covenant by the Children of Israel
Lesson # 603 From Holy Qur’aan
Breaking of Covenant by the Children of Israel
Surah Maaa-‘idah (the Table Spread) – Chapter – 5)
Verses–12&13 of 120, Section – 3 of 16 (Part–6)–Stage-2
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
ba-‘asNaa - (We raised), it is made from ba-‘asa, which means “to raise, to elevate, to plant, to determine”. -‘az-zar-tumuuhum – (you support them), ‘azara – means help, strength, corroboration. From the same word ‘azara, a word ta’-ziir has been made, which means “to strengthen, to support”. ‘aqraz-tum – it is from ‘aqraaz, which means “to lend”. Qarz means “to lend money to someone for the purpose that one may accomplish one’s desire”. Qarz Hasanah is the loan, with which a person wishes to do good for another and one does not think about one’s own benefit. Correct word is Qarz hasan, that is to say; a good loan.
La-‘anNaa – (We have cursed), it is from la’-nat, which means “to expel, to force out, to eject, to curse, to do outcast”. It aims, “We have cursed from Our mercy”. Yuharri-fuuna – (they change), it is from tah-riif, which has been derived from harf. Harf means “edge, boundary, and side”. Tah-riif means “to curse, to displace anything”. Zukkiruu – (for admonishing), it is from taz-kiir, which has been derived from zikr. Zikr means “to remember”. Taz-kiir means “to remind, to tell the word of advantage”. ’Asfah – (bear with them), it is from safah, which means “to shrink from, to retire, to turn the face, not to care, to let go, to excuse, to pardon”.
After telling the condition of ancient nations, now it is being advised, “You should not do as they did”. It is commanded that Allaah Almighty made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and raised among them twelve chieftains, so that they lay stress on them to fulfill their undertaking and He said, “I am with you if you:
1. Established worship
2. Paid the poor-due
3. Believed in My messengers (peace be upon Them) and supported them.
4. Lent for spreading the religion of Allaah Almighty, which would be considered a kindly loan, you did not wish to acquire worldly advantage”.
Then it has been described that whoso among you will not fulfill these orders, he will go astray from a right way.
Allaah Almighty says that the Jews broke the covenant after promising and did not fulfill the responsibility, which they accepted. Resultantly they have been deprived from Our kindness. It is a very big sin to break the covenant with Allaah Almighty. The person, whoso will commit this crime, his/her heart will become hard due to its burden and no good advice will have any affect on him/her, and he/she will be deprived from the Mercy of Allaah Almighty.
The Children of Israel changed the words and meanings of Torah (the Heavenly Scripture), and forgot those commands, which were for their benefit, and did not care a little, the matters which were very useful for them. One of those advices was that “Last Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) will come towards you, “Obey Him”. They deleted this advice and by changing the words, they produced some other meanings.
Now they are in this form that some one or other deceiving, imposture or mischief of theirs use to come before you, and except a few of them, who have believed as AbdUllaah bin Salaam and his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) etc., remaining entire people are dishonest and deceitful. Do good even then with them in retaliation of their evil doing with you, and do not quarrel with them openly, because the enemy insists more due to rebuking and reproving him/her every time. Treat them good because Allaah Almighty likes them, who are kind.
Quran Chapter 14 – 31 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1635) - درس قرآن Work of Muslims Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abraham) - 14 ‘A-‘u...
Alif-Laaam-Miiim. This is the Scripture whereof, there is no doubt Note: For reciting Lesson-wise, please visit: hltsharif....
Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the femaleLessons 179 to 190 Note: For reciting Lesson-wise separately, please visit: hltsharif.blogspot.com Retaliation is prescribed ...
Lesson # 701 From Holy Qur’aan If they were returned, they would do the forbidden again Surah ‘Al-‘An-‘aam (Cattle) – Chapter – 6 ...