(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)
46. (And when he came to Joseph in the prison, he exclaimed): Joseph! O thou truthful one! Expound for us the seven fat cows being devoured by seven lean cows and the seven green ears of corn and other (seven) dry, that I may return unto the people, so that they may know.
47. He said: Ye shall sow seven years as usual, but that which ye reap, leave it in the ear, all save a little which ye eat.
48. Then after that will come seven hard years which will devour all that ye have prepared for them, save a little of that which ye have stored.
49. Then, after that, will come a year when the people will have plenteous crops and when they will press (wine and oil).
46. Yuusufu ‘ayyu-has-Siddiqu ‘aftinaa fii sab-‘i baqa-raatin simaa-niny-ya’-kulu-hunna sab-‘un ‘ijaafunw-wa sab-‘i sumbu-laatin khuzrinw-wa ‘ukhara yaa-bisaatil-la-‘alliii ‘arji-‘u ‘ilan-naasi la-‘allahum ya’-lamuun.
47. Qaala tazra-‘uuna sab-‘a siniina da-‘abaa. Famaa hasat-tum fazaruuhu fii sumbu-lihiii ‘illaa qaliilam-mim-maa ta’-ku-luun.
48. summa ya’-tii mim- ba’-di zaalika sab-‘un shidaa-duny-ya’-kulna maa qaddam-tum lahunna ‘illaa qaliilam-mim-maa tuh-sinuun.
49. Summa ya’-tii mim- ba’-di zaalika ‘aamun- fiihi yugaa-sun-naasu wa fiihi ya’-siruun.