Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Threat - Quran Chapter 12 – 32b & 33 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1501) - درس قرآن


Quran Chapter 12  32b & 33 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1501) - درس قرآن

The Threat

Surah Yuusuf (Joseph) - 12

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim. 
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)

وَلَقَدْ رَٰوَدتُّهُۥ عَن نَّفْسِهِۦ فَٱسْتَعْصَمَ وَلَئِن لَّمْ يَفْعَلْ مَآ ءَامُرُهُۥ لَيُسْجَنَنَّ وَلَيَكُونًا مِّنَ ٱلصَّٰغِرِينَ (32  b)

قَالَ رَبِّ ٱلسِّجْنُ أَحَبُّ إِلَىَّ مِمَّا يَدْعُونَنِىٓ إِلَيْهِ وَإِلَّا تَصْرِفْ عَنِّى كَيْدَهُنَّ أَصْبُ إِلَيْهِنَّ وَأَكُن مِّنَ ٱلْجَٰهِلِينَ (33

32b.  I asked of him an evil act, but he proved continent. But if he do not my behest he verily shall be imprisoned, and verily shall be of those brought low.

33.  He said: O my Lord! Prison is more dear than that unto which they urge me, and if Thou fend not off their wiles from me I shall incline unto them and become of the ignorant.    
32b.  Wa  laqad  raawattu-huu  ‘an-nafsihii  fasta’-sam.  Wa  la-‘illam  yaf-‘al  maaa  ‘aamuru-huu  la-yus-jananna  wa  la-yakuu-nam-minas-saagi-riin.

33.  Qaala  Rabbis-sijnu  ‘ahabbu  ‘i-layya  mimmaa  yad-‘uuna-niii  ‘ilayh.  Wa  ‘illaa  tasrif  ‘annii  kay-da-hunna  ‘asbu  ‘ilay-hinna  wa  ‘akum-minal-jaa-hiliin. 

Commentary

When the guest women of the wife of the ruler of (Aziz) Egypt had been senseless so much after looking Joseph (peace be upon him) that they cut their hands with knives (which were given in their hands to cut fruit for eating) and they could not recognize, then she understood that they have considered me helpless in the matter of Joseph (peace be upon him), then she made them her confident.

After unfolding her helplessness, she boiled up and said: He (peace be upon him) should not imagine that I shall tolerate His arrogance and boldness. If He obeyed my command, well, otherwise verily I will put Him in the prison.

It is mentioned that the guest women also began to cause to understand Joseph (peace be upon him) that He should not disobey the command of the wife of His lord, otherwise she will cause to punish Him severely. Joseph (peace be upon him) was grieved from irrelevant talks of all of them and begged from Allah Almighty silently: My Lord! If You did not save me from sly and seducing of these women, I fear that I shall incline unto them. I accept prison, but the work of ignorance is not acceptable to Me.

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/yfG0oCsVllw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons...