Thursday, October 13, 2016

Matter of a Muslim is, first of all, in God’s Hand -2

Lesson # 1169 from Holy Qur-’aan

Matter of a Muslim is, first of all, in God’s Hand -2

Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE) – Chapter – 9)
Stage – 2, Verse –129 of 129, Section – 16 of 16 (Part – 11)
                                                                        
BisMillaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
                                                                                       
                                                                             
Lesson
 
After that, Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) directed the people: None will talk with these three persons {Ka’b bin Malik, Maraarah bin ‘Ar-Rabii’ and Hilal bin Umayyah (May Allah be pleased with them)}. My world was darkened. Everything had become stranger from me. We passed over fifty days in such condition. My other two companions set out to their homes for mourning, but I was stronger than all others physically and younger, used to offer congregational prayers and wander in bazaars. After prayer, I used to salute the Messenger (grace, blessings and peace be on Him), but when I used to behold Him (grace, blessings and peace be on Him), He used to turn His face without talking.

After observing these circumstances, I climbed at the wall of Abu Qataadah’s house (May Allah be pleased with them), who was my cousin (paternal) and had love with me. I saluted him. By God, he did not reply. I came down being disappointed. Then I was passing through the bazaar and heard – one villager of Syria, who had come to sell a mercantile grain, was in search of me. The people indicated him towards me. He came unto me and gave a letter, sent by the king of Ghassaan. It was written in that letter: I have heard that your Leader (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) has rejected you and now you are in adverse condition. Come unto us, we shall entertain you properly. After reading the letter, I thought: this another misfortune has reached. And I cast that letter into the oven.

After forty days, a courier of God’s Messenger (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) came and said: It is commanded that you should live alone (separate from tour wife). This commandment was also for my other two companions. Hilal bin Ummayyah sent his request: I am an old man and needy of an attendant.

Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) permitted him in these words: Your wife can serve you, but you should remain away from her. The people said to me: You should do the same also. I said: No, I am adult. When complete fifty days were over, Allah Almighty sent His Revelation and my error was forgiven. The people ran unto me with glad-tidings and I attended the Court of Messenger (grace, blessings and peace be on Him). His Face had been blooming with happiness, Commanded: The day of Today, with effect from you have born, is the best day. Allah Almighty has forgiven you. I requested: I wish to sacrifice my entire wealth for the welfare of needy people, due to this happiness. Messenger (grace, blessings and peace be on Him) commanded: No. You should keep some wealth for your own living also. Then I requested: O Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, blessings and peace be on Him)! God has forgiven me due to the reason that I spoke the truth. I promise that until death, I shall never tell a lie. Therefore, till today, I have never told a lie intentionally.

I consider that my this deed is the best that I stated my condition truly as it was, before the Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, blessings and peace be on Him), and did not join those people, in whose reproof, verses were revealed because of producing their false excuses.

FROM THIS INCIDENT we should learn that we should abstain from deceiving anyone and telling a lie, and whatsoever we do, should do fearing Allah Almighty, because He is Aware of Open and Hidden. And in this connection, we should also be saved from those tokens; which have been described about the Hypocrites, because none can deceive Allah Almighty, and matter of a Muslim is, first of all, in God’s Hand.

Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons...