83. AND WHEN THEY LISTEN TO that which hath been revealed unto the Messenger, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord! We have believed; so inscribe us as among the witnesses.
84. And why should we not believe in Allaah and that which hath come unto us of the Truth; and (why should we not) hope that our Lord will bring us in along with righteous folk?
83. WA ‘IZAA SAMI-‘UU maaa ‘unzila ‘ilar-Rasuuli taraaa ‘a’-yunahum tafiizu minaddam-‘i mimmaa ‘arafuu minal-Haqq. Yaquu-luuna Rabbanaaa ‘aamannaa fak-tubnaa ma-‘ash-shaahidiin.
84. Wa maa lanaa laa nu’-minu BIllaahi wa maa jaaa-‘anaa minal-Haqqi , wa natma-‘u ‘any- yud-khilanaa Rabbunaa ma-‘al qawmis-Saalihiin.
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Recognition of the Truth
Lesson # 648 From Holy Qur’aan
Recognition of the Truth
‘Al-Maaa-‘idah (the Table Spread) – Chapter – 5)–Stage - 2
Verses – 83 & 84 of 120, Section – 11 of 16 (Part - 7)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Tafiizu – (overflow), here it aims that their eyes are filled with too much tears that they overflow and the tears come out from the eyes. Shaahidiina – it is plural of Shaahid. The person, who recognizes and believes in the Truth, is called Shaahid.
The difference between the Jews and the Christians of those days has been shown in this verse. The Jews were as much vehement in hostility against the Muslims that when they used to listen to the Holy Qur’aan, made it a jest. On the contrary, the Christians used to shed tears due to effect of the Truth, when they used to hear the verses of Holy Qur’aan.
1. When some Muslims migrated from Makkah to Ethiopia under compulsion and they caused to hear some verse from Surah Maryam – 19 (Mary) of Holy Qur’aan to Negus, the King of Ethiopia, at that time, the King was so impressed that he began to weep and believed in the Truth of Holy Qur’aan.
2. When some Christians came towards the Messenger of Allaah Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) as representatives of the Christians and listened to the Holy Qur’aan, their hearts had been touched too much that the tears began to shed from their eyes. They believed in its Truth and said, “Our Lord! We have believed; so inscribe us as among the witnesses. And why should we not believe in Allaah and that which has come unto us of the Truth; and why should we not hope that our Lord will bring us in along with righteous folk?”
Quran Chapter 18 – 29b (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1877) درس قرآن Torment for disbelievers Chapter Kahf (The Cave) – 18 ‘A...
Quran Chapter 12 – 81 & 82 (Pt- 13 , Stg-3) (L-1532) - درس قرآن Coming before Father Surah Yuusuf (Joseph) - 1...
Quran Chapter 14 – 7&8 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1615) - درس قرآن Benefits of Thanks Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abraham) - 14 ...
Quran Chapter 14 – 24 & 25 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1631) - درس قرآن A Goodly Saying Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abraham) - 14 ...