Thursday, April 18, 2019

Refuge from hidden enemies - Quran Chapter 23: 97 to 100a (Pt-18, Stg-4) (L-2184) درس قرآن


Quran Chapter 23: 97 to 100a (Pt-18, Stg-4) (L-2184) درس قرآن

Refuge from hidden enemies

Chapter Mu’-minuun” – (The Believers) - 23

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
 (I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)

وَقُل رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَٰتِ ٱلشَّيَٰطِينِ 97  وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَنيَحْضُرُونِ 98  حَتَّىٰٓ إِذَا جَآءَ أَحَدَهُمُ ٱلْمَوْتُ قَالَ رَبِّ ٱرْجِعُونِ 99  لَعَلِّىٓ أَعْمَلُ صَٰلِحًا فِيمَا تَرَكْتُ كَلَّآ إِنَّهَا كَلِمَةٌ هُوَ قَآئِلُهَا وَمِن وَرَآئِهِم بَرْزَخٌ إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ يُبْعَثُونَ 100  

97.  And say: My Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from suggestions of the evil ones –

98.  And I seek refuge in Thee, my Lord, lest they be present with me.

99.  Until, when death cometh unto one of them, he saith: My Lord! Send me back –

100a.  That I may do right in that which I have left behind!
97.  Wa  qur-Rabbi  ‘a-‘uuzu  biKa  min  hamazaatish-shayaa-tiini.

98.  Wa  ‘a-‘uuzu  biKa  Rabbi  ‘any-yahzuruun.

99.  Hattaaa  ‘izaa  jaaa-‘a  ‘aha-dahumul-mawtu  qaala  Rabbir-ji-‘uun.

100a.  La-‘alliii  ‘a’-malu  saalihan-  fiimaa  taraktu  kallaa.

Commentary

Hamazaati – (to stab with any pointed thing, strictures, vexing), this word is plural of hamazatun. Here the aim from hamazaatish-shayaa-tiini is “Demonic Temptations”.

Yahzuruuna and ‘ir-ji-‘uuna – actually these words are yahzuruunii (lest they come near me) and ‘ir-ji-‘uunii. Due to stopping, the last “ii” has been removed. ‘Irji-‘uu means “Send me back”. For respect, it has been used in plural form.

There is not any one evil for mankind in the world. On one side he has to be settled with mischievous human beings themselves and there is a need of seeking refuge in Allaah Almighty from their wicked deeds. But because those are apparently visible enemies, so by thumping and also slapping etc. with them; they can be repelled. But besides them, there are such enemies too who are not visible and they attack secretly. In addition, they excite too for villainy to the mischievous human beings. Such are Devils who are from the kind of demons. You should seek refuge from them in these words: My Lord! Save me from their suggestions and with Your kindness, let them not come near me.

Then it is commanded: Mischievous people will not refrain from their mischief. However, when any of them will be at death’s door and will see the signs of wrath, then he will repent and make a request as: Alas! I destroyed my life and did not think about the Day of Resurrection. O my Lord! Send me back again in the world which I have left. I am fully hopeful that after returning; I shall do sufficient good works.

But this longing will not be fulfilled because there is no chance of coming back again in this world for doing right.

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/7J5rAOmByZk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons...