The people who are transgressors
Lesson # 1042 from Noble Quran
The people who are transgressors
Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE) – Chapter – 9)
Stage – 2, Verses – 10 & 11 of 129, Section – 2 of 16 (Part – 10)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
10. And they neither regard the ties of kinship nor any pact in respect of a believer. And these are they who are transgressors.
11. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. And We detail Our Revelations for a people who have knowledge.
10. Laa yarqu-buuna fii Mu’-minin ‘illanw-wa laa zimmah. Wa ‘ulaaa-‘ika humul-mu’-ta-duun.
11. Fa-‘in taabuu wa ‘aqaa-mus-Salaata wa ‘aata-wuz-Zakaata fa-‘ikh-waanukum fid-Diin. Wa Nufassilul-‘Aayaati li-qawminy-ya’-lamuun.
Laa yarqu-buuna – (they do not regard), the origin of this word is raqaba. From it, the words raqaabat and raquub have been derived which mean – to protect, to look after, to regard, to show favor or partiality. The word Muraaqbah has come out from the same also, which is a famous word and which means “Focusing on a particular object, Divine contemplation, watch, meditation, observation, and fear of God”.
‘Al-mu’-ta-duun – (the transgressors), it is the subject from the word ‘a’-tadaa’, which has been derived from ‘adawun. ‘Adawun means “to run fast”. ‘A’-tadaa’ means “to cross the appropriate limit, to rebel, to transgress, to violate”.
It has been explained here that they have enmity against the Belief. If they hear that so and so has believed in the Messenger of God Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him), at the same time they become his deadly foe. Neither they see that he is their kinsman, they used to live together as close relatives since long, and nor they regard that he is from the tribe, with which they have a pact of peace; that they will not fight against one another, although he is a Muslim.
These people have been transgressing openly. The first condition of dwelling mutually with peace is that there must be no hostility in the world, and those rules, principles and limits which have been prescribed to treat one another, should not be broken and crossed. Certainly, prescribed limit of human conduct is that till someone does not damage the public peace of the world, he can choose the way of life whichever he desires for himself.
In other words, you can say: As long there is no fear of corruption and transgression, every individual is responsible of own deeds and have liberty of actions i.e. he can perform as he wills. But if either there is any fear of happening interruption in the public safety OR anyone is behaved with injustice, then the transgressor will be prevented from transgression with force.
It is commanded that the person who desires to live in the Peninsula of Arab in future, he should have to fulfill following two terms:
· Establish worship, offer prayer regularly according to prescribed method.
· For the help of poor, needy and indigent people, he should pay a prescribed portion of his wealth to the Government (2-1/2% - Poor-due).
Those people who accept these terms, they are your brethren, because they have proved by choosing your way of life that they are your companions in the religion. God Almighty says: And We detail Our Revelations for a people who have knowledge. (These clear Commands are for those people who understand).