68. Had it not been for an ordinance of Allah which had gone before, an awful doom had come upon you on account of what ye took.
69. Now enjoy what ye have won, as lawful and good, and keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
68. Law-laa kitaabum-mi-nAllaahi sabaqa lamassakum fiimaaa ‘akhaztum ‘azaabun ‘aziim.
69. Fakuluu mimmaa ganimtum halaalan tayyibaa. WattaqUllaah. ‘InnAllaaha Gafuurur-Rahiim.
- This favor with the captives was not shown intentionally, because Allah Almighty had not commanded about it clearly that after getting ransom; freeing the captives is forbidden. So, it was an error during diligence; and there is no punishment due to error in diligence.
- The torment will not be sent in the presence of the Messenger of God Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him).
- The anguish will not come upon those people who beg pardon of God Almighty.