Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I was their witness, while I dwell among them

Lesson # 671 From Holy Qur’aan

I was their witness, while I dwell among them

‘Al-Maaa-‘idah (the Table Spread) – Chapter – 5)–Stage - 2

Verse –117 of 120, Section – 16 of 16 (Part - 7)

BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim

In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

I spake unto them only that which Thou commandedst me, (saying): Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness of them while I dwell among them, and when Thou lookest me Thou wast the Watcher over them. And Thou art Witness over all things.         
Maa  qultu  lahum  ‘illaa  maaa  ‘amarTa-nii  bihiii  ‘ani’-buDUllaaha  Rabbii  wa  Rabbakum.  Wa  kuntu  ‘alay-him  shahiidam-maa  dumtu  fiihim.  Fa-lammaa  Ta-waffay-tanii  kunta  ‘Antar-Raqiiba  ‘alay-him.  Wa  ‘Anta  ‘alaa  kulli  shay-‘in-  Shahiid.
                                                                                                             

Lesson

The Messenger Jesus Christ (peace be upon Him) is restless for explaining about His being innocence in the Court of Allaah Almighty. He (peace be upon Him) is considering that as much big question cannot be asked without any reason. Certainly, there is any wisdom of Allaah Almighty in it. At first, He (peace be upon Him) requests, “O Allaah, Gory be to Thee. How can he be an arrogant against Thee? How can he claim as partnership with Thee, who is a servant of Thee, to whom Thee art Kind enough, bestowed and appointed him Your own Messenger and Prophet”? Then Jesus (peace be upon Him) solicits: I have not too much knowledge that I may understand Thy Secrets and discover Thy Wisdom, which exists in this question. Thee Know very well that I never thought so (that I may be made god by myself). Then Christ (peace be upon Him) describes about those deeds, which He (peace be upon Him) performed to keep His duty in the world. In this verse, He (peace be upon Him) explains:

O my Lord! I told them nothing except only that which Thou commanded me. I said to them: Worship Allaah Almighty, Who is my and your Lord and Protector. And admit before Him that you (the people) are helpless and poor. None is able to be worshipped but only He (Allaah Almighty). O Allaah! I was a witness of them while I dwell among them, and when Thou picked me up, then Thou was the Watcher over them Thyself, and there is no any other except Thy, who may watch because Thou art Witness and Watcher over all things.

After that, Jesus (peace be upon Him) thought, surely there would be a particular reason of this question, that after proving the crime of the claimants of my followers, they may be punished properly against their evil deeds. Therefore, He (peace be upon Him) recommended the evil-livers of His nation in very suitable words being a merciful Messenger, which will be discussed in the next lesson.      


 Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

  Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons...